Trucking today is a little different then it was a year ago for most people. Obviously there is less demand for moving freight because the economy has slowed. Having said that, I still feel becoming a trucker is a good choice for the right person. Trucking was the last to feel the effects of the economy but it will be the first to feel the effects of a recovery. Even now despite the constant chatter about there no longer being a shortage, companies are hiring drivers. There will continue to be a need for drivers even thoughout the recession.
Obviously companies can be a little more selective with so many choosing trucking today as an option for employment so this means the cleaner your record the easier it will be to find a job. The more you have on your driving record, I am sad to say that the more of a challenge it will be to get hired as a driver.
I would by no means give up based on this fact. There are tens of thousands of trucking companies out there, as I have said before the best thing to do is to call around.
Duration : 0:9:55
- is it a good time to start a trucking business since diesel prices went down?
- The trucking and transportation business where is it going?
- Do you think I wrote a good poem? Does it have good rhythm? Suggestions?
- National Truck & Bus Driving School – Enroll Today(510) 293-9970
- Starting a Trucking Business – Trucking Success “Owner Operator” – [job service nd]